Calling all teenage Bears!
The Bear Crew is a new and exciting program for our older Bears this season!
The goal of the new Bear Crew program is to assist in providing instruction and encouragement for swimmers on the Bear Branch swim team and to provide an opportunity for older Bear Swimmers to demonstrate leadership to the swim team and gain coaching experience for possible future employment with the team.
Please note, it is helpful for any swimmer aspiring to be a future coach to be a part of the Bear crew!
The following are the qualifications for the Bear Crew:
- Bear Crew must be completing or have completed the 8th grade.
- Bear Crew should be able to assist with rookie camp
- Bear Crew should have competitive swimming experience.
- Bear Crew should be a recognized leader among swim team swimmers.
- Bear Crew should be able to help supervise and assist in the activities of swimmers.
- Bear Crew should have the interpersonal skills needed to direct, motivate and encourage swimmers.
- Bear Crew should be able to take instruction and direction from All Paid Coaches and BBST Board.
If your swimmer is interested in volunteering for the CREW, please read, sign and bring the attached Bear Crew Agreement to the mandatory meeting on Sunday, April 5,2020 at 4pm at Kristin Rodriguez's house (3502 Willow Ridge Dr.) A parent signature is required on the agreement but a parent is NOT expected to stay for the meeting.
Please let us know what questions you may have!
Our head Bear is Angie Casteneda and she can be contacted at: [email protected]
We anticipate our Bear Crew to be a major part of our swim season and our team. We look forward to seeing their eager faces on Sunday, April 5th!