UPDATE and Reminders 11 & over Sand Creek Meet
We have a few UPDATES/reminders for tomorrow's meet at Sand Creek. With possibility of rain, please take note of #s 1&2, 3-5 are general notes.
1. Arrive by 7:15a and quickly check in, warm up is NOW at 7:30
2. Meet will start by 8:15a (could start sooner). Volunteers will need to be ready to go. The goal is to get the meet in, so this meet may move fast, please plan accordingly. The meet becomes official after event 34 (backstroke), so that is the secondary goal. If for some reason the weather does not cooperate and we do not get through event 34, the meet will be postponed until Sunday afternoon, time to be determined.
3. You can drop swimmers off at the pool (3021 Timber Shade Dr), then park at DWE. Parking at Deerwood Elementary (2920 Forest Garden Dr, Kingwood, TX 77345) is highly encouraged and is a short walk to the pool on the greenbelt (enter the trails, take a right and then your first left). Parking is very limited on the streets around the pool. Please respect the NO PARKING signs that are posted. You may see people parking on Timber Shade and the side streets:
- Please respect the traffic cones and homeowner signs indicating no parking.
- Do not park on both sides of the street, especially where it could block two-way traffic, thus emergency vehicles.
4. Team set up is on the left side of the pool entrance sidewalk outside the gate. Please bring a tarp as it may be wet/muddy from the recent rains. Entrance and exit for athletes/spectators will be via the main gate.
5. Masks are optional, but encouraged. There is no "camping out" on the pool deck. Watch you swimmer, then head out.
Finally, swim fast BEARS!!
BBST Team Rep