Calling the Bear Crew
The goal of the new Bear Crew program is to assist in providing instruction and encouragement for swimmers on the Bear Branch swim team. The Bear Crew provides an opportunity for older Bears to demonstrate leadership and support to our younger Bears.
The following are the qualifications for the Bear Crew:
• Bear Crew must be completing or have completed the 8th grade.
• Bear Crew should be able to assist with rookie camp
• Bear Crew should have competitive swimming experience.
• Bear Crew should be recognized leaders among swim team swimmers.
• Bear Crew should be able to help supervise and assist in the activities of swimmers.
• Bear Crew should have the interpersonal skills needed to direct, motivate and encourage swimmers.
• Bear Crew should be able to take instruction and direction from All Paid Coaches and BBST Board.
If your swimmer is interested in volunteering for the CREW, please read, sign and bring the attached Bear Crew Agreement to the mandatory meeting on April 2, 2023 at 6pm. The meeting will be held at the Bear Branch Community Room
A parent signature is required on the agreement but a parent is NOT expected to stay for the meeting.
Please let us know what questions you may have! We anticipate our Bear Crew to be a major part of our swim season and our team.
We look forward to seeing their eager faces on April 2nd!